The time now is 04/19/14 - 15:33
Log in: Username: Password:
Search forums for:
  
JOIN RunningForums NOW!
FAQ Search    Articles Register Log in

Maurice Clarette


www.runningforums.com Forum Index -> Riff-Raff Hang Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic
kristin31
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 8045
Location: Caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/03 - 17:27    Post subject: Maurice Clarette
http://www.msnbc.com/news/969764.asp?0cm=c20#BODY
NEW YORK, Sept. 23 Suspended Ohio State tailback Maurice Clarett sued the NFL on Tuesday, asking a judge to throw out a league rule preventing players from entering the draft until they have been out of high school for three years.

Any thoughts???

It's pretty big news here; Buckeye football is a religion.
coachmarkos
my boys could swim
Reply with quote
Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 11387
Location: 1st in AFC West
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/03 - 17:29    Post subject: Re: Maurice Clarette
kristin31 wrote:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/969764.asp?0cm=c20#BODY
NEW YORK, Sept. 23 — Suspended Ohio State tailback Maurice Clarett sued the NFL on Tuesday, asking a judge to throw out a league rule preventing players from entering the draft until they have been out of high school for three years.

Any thoughts???

It's pretty big news here; Buckeye football is a religion.


Well, I don't think I like the kid, not knowing him in the slightest, but I haven't heard much good except for his talent.

He should win the lawsuit, just like the kids in the NBA did.
Cappy
Excelent
Reply with quote
Joined: 16 May 2002
Posts: 27367
Location: Spreadsheetylvania
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/03 - 17:31    Post subject:
If he is good enough to play then he should be given then chance. He will most likely win the suit
kattzoo
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Feb 2003
Posts: 3812
Location: Happily at the back of the pack
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/03 - 18:26    Post subject:
It's a great lesson, cheat, lie to the police and then skip the rest of college to make millions in the NFL. He'll be arrested in his first year.

I'm just shocked Ohio State actually did the right thing. (okay, so they didn't have a huge choice, but still)
Cappy
Excelent
Reply with quote
Joined: 16 May 2002
Posts: 27367
Location: Spreadsheetylvania
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/03 - 18:42    Post subject:
kattzoo wrote:
I'm just shocked Ohio State actually did the right thing. (okay, so they didn't have a huge choice, but still)


I am sure some of the OSU booster feel differently
spongebob
Former FFL Champion
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 3602
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/03 - 18:48    Post subject:
He's the next Randy Moss!!!
BamBam
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 2974
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/03 - 19:42    Post subject:
Runner X wrote:
He's the next Randy Moss!!!


I'd prefer to think of him as the next KiJana Carter.....
or Lawrence Philips
spongebob
Former FFL Champion
Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 3602
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/03 - 21:08    Post subject:
BamBam wrote:
Runner X wrote:
He's the next Randy Moss!!!


I'd prefer to think of him as the next KiJana Carter.....
or Lawrence Philips


Rae Carruth perhaps?
prohemp
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 7716
Location: in the cradle of liberty
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/03 - 21:16    Post subject:
Cappy wrote:
kattzoo wrote:
I'm just shocked Ohio State actually did the right thing. (okay, so they didn't have a huge choice, but still)


I am sure some of the OSU booster feel differently


I think OSU did the right thing here as a hedge against the NCAA taking a closer look at their football program
robp
Pyromaniac
Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Jul 2002
Posts: 16241
Location: Waiting in line at the beer store...
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/24/03 - 07:45    Post subject:
Being a Buckeyes fan my own opinion is good riddance. He's going to be a cancer on whatever team he plays on. And the hell with allowing him into the NFL because some lawyer thinks he can get rich by challenging their rules. All that jackass had to do was tell the truth when he broke the rules, serve his punishment and go on with life. He'd of been a better man for it in the long run. Right now all he's learning is that if he doesn't get his own way somebody will come along and kiss his booboo because he's a talented athlete.

And speaking of the NFL, I doubt he can go an entire season w/o winding up on the injury list. He couldn't get through an entire season of college ball w/o being injured. Those NFL linebackers are going to look at him as some kind of prima donna and they are going to put the hammer down on him.
coachmarkos
my boys could swim
Reply with quote
Joined: 14 May 2002
Posts: 11387
Location: 1st in AFC West
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/24/03 - 09:39    Post subject:
robp wrote:
Being a Buckeyes fan my own opinion is good riddance. He's going to be a cancer on whatever team he plays on. And the hell with allowing him into the NFL because some lawyer thinks he can get rich by challenging their rules. All that jackass had to do was tell the truth when he broke the rules, serve his punishment and go on with life. He'd of been a better man for it in the long run. Right now all he's learning is that if he doesn't get his own way somebody will come along and kiss his booboo because he's a talented athlete.

And speaking of the NFL, I doubt he can go an entire season w/o winding up on the injury list. He couldn't get through an entire season of college ball w/o being injured. Those NFL linebackers are going to look at him as some kind of prima donna and they are going to put the hammer down on him.


I was just holding back from saying so, because I'm not an Ohio State fan, and didn't want to offend anyone.
flarunner
Member
Reply with quote
Joined: 30 May 2002
Posts: 2230
Location: FLA
| Back to top
PostPosted: 09/24/03 - 09:54    Post subject:
Well said Rob.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours

www.runningforums.com Forum Index -> Riff-Raff Hang Out

Page 1 of 1

Related topics:

 




Privacy Policy | Registration terms | Contact us